Friday, May 7, 2010


Late night.

He was sitting on the curb. Waiting for a bus.

"I am tired" is what he kept whispering, sometimes grabbing his phone and pretending to be talking to someone not to feel alone (or not to look spooky if anyone came by).

His mouth was dry and he was starting to regret that last pint he drank and the fact he didn't want to drink a Perrier 'cause he thought the girl he was into (that he obviously didn't get) would think he was a woos for doing so.

"A manly man, that's was she is looking for" is what he would later explain to his friends ...

As he was sitting there listening to music he remembered the sunny afternoons he would spend on the back-seat of his school bus listening to "Bittersweet Symphony" and thinking if he prefered that song or "Wonderwall"by Oasis...

A couple of click-wheel turns later he played that song on his ipod.

Filled with a nostalgic sadness he drove his telephone monologue towards a sadder than sad somethinglog with someone somewhere on the other side of the line...

"Hey. I'm pretty pissed. I really can't grasp the 'Why' and the 'How'... But it's especially the 'Why' that bothers me... the... Hey. Here's the bus. I gotta go... Ok ... yeah ... Bye"

He hailed the bus and said... "I often think about the saddest things when I'm waiting for the bus"